There are four Categories:
- Bees: Photographs that reveal insights into the life cycle, habits and biology of the bee
- People and Environment: Portrayal of the people, activities, locations and environments that comprise the world of beekeeping
- Creative / Open: Innovative and imaginative interpretations of the world of the bee and the experience of beekeeping.
- Photo story: A series of four photographs that tell a story on any theme to do with bees and beekeeping
- Entries restricted to members of the Wellington Beekeepers Association.
- Photographs must be taken by the member submitting.
- Entrants are required to provide digital copies of their photos.
- If photographs are taken using a mobile phone they should be saved in the largest possible size, and if they are taken using a DSLR camera they should be saved at a minimum of 300ppi.
- Captions are allowed.
- Where the order of presentation is important, this must be clearly indicated.
- Name and address must accompany each entry.
There will be a winner and runner-up for each category as well as an overall winner and runner-up. There will also be a popular vote in each category.
The club reserves the right to use any entry for the promotion of bees and beekeeping.